RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vintage Tamiya Porsche 956 and Associated RC12L brought back to life
Old 09-17-2021, 07:28 AM
krispy378

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aesalazar
LOL, will do my best! I cant post pics apparently since I dont have 10 points yet? Not sure how to even get them...

But, ya the tires are shot. Pretty sure they will disintegrate on the first run. I read that I can replace the 2-hole hubs with the 3-hole ones from the RC12L3 which seem to have more tires available. Have to look into it.

I am sure the batteries are toast and I dont even have a charger for them anymore anyway. Probably have to swap them out as well. What kind are you running? I assume I can switch to NiMH?

I remember this was a fun car so hopefully it will work out. I need to get a new body and do a proper paint job - didnt have a clue how to paint back then!

Ernie
Yes there is a 10 post requirement before you can post a photo, also i think there is a 5 post per day limit, lol. Anyhow, the 3 hole sounds like the way to go. I want to stay 2 hole for originality. NiMH batts should work fine. I found individual sub c size cells on ebay. Soldered em up, wrapped in strapping tape and have been very pleased. They were NiCDs too, again a vintage originality thing to me. Keep posting and best regards