RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMOS September jet meet
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 07:34 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

From Dave Long:

YOU GUYS KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!!

The original goal for our Wounded Warriors Donations was $5,000. Less than 2 minutes into our first pilots meeting we were at $7,600!
We will be collecting donations until the end of the month but as of this writing we are at $18,094 and we are well on our way to $20,000!
Thank you to all the VERY generous pilots and Neal for coercing us to donate- a little nudge never hurts.

Top 10 Donations: Dantley Davis $7,000, Tim Cassidy $1,500, Tom Vessie $1,152, Don Corum $1,050, Mike Lin $1,000, Paul Stenberg $600, Matias Salar $500, Jose Macias $500, Rafael Villeda $500 and Scott Yow $250. VERY generous gentlemen- thank you!!

Awards:
Top Gun- Don Corum (F18), CD’s Choice- Dantley Davis (F86), Pilot’s Choice- Don Corum (F18), People’s Choice- Rafael Villeda (A10), Best Scale #1- Jack Diaz, Jr (F100), Best Scale #2- Jeff Lovitt (Blue Angels Cougar), Best Sport #1- Scott Yow (Red Bull Rouge), Best Sport #2- Tom Vessie (Flash), Best EDF #1- Bill Bransted (AMOS Airliner), Best EDF #2- Paul Stenberg (F100). Congratulations.

Statistics:
We landed with 51 registered pilots, 22 volunteers, 450 spectators over Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We ate 340 meals, consumed 80 ice cream bars and drank countless cases of water and soda. The photo girls cranked out just over 100 free 8”x10’s of you and your birds for you to take home. We laid over 4,400 sq ft of astroturf to keep our planes and pits as clean as possible and 400 gallons of water to keep the Coolers up and running. We sold 60 gallons of smoke oil, played almost my entire playlist of 784 songs (over 3 days) and went through over 110 t-shirts and polos.

Appreciation:
I received countless thank you’s for a job well done. Much of this goes to the volunteers who for the last 18 months have helped get the field ready and put on a top notch show. We are humbled by your gratitude.

Next Year:
We will tweak what we did this year and make next year even better. For now, please mark Sept 8, 9 and 10th 2022 on your calendar. I will keep you informed as we progress.

Pictures and Videos:
Here is the link to our AMOS web site- https://www.amosrc.com. Click on “Menu” in the upper right then on to Pictures. We have 3 great photographers who keep there own galleries. Check them all out. There are some incredible pictures. Check back for videos- we have plenty (including drone footage) but have just not got to them yet.

Buddy Box Flying:
HUGE HIT!! Of the 22 “buddy boxers" who flew EVERY ONE OF THEM is talking about jets now. No better way to promote the hobby. Thank you to Scott Yow, Michael Lin and Don Corum for getting others involved. How cool is that!! I know of 3 new jets that were purchased as a result of this effort.

Improvements:
Let me know if you have any ideas to improve this event or tweaks we can make for next year. So far we have 1) longer west shades to protect us from the late afternoon sun, 2) name tags on each rented space for easier Space ID, and 3) more and closer handicap parking. Keep em coming.

Thank you one last time gentlemen for your kind words.

My wife “nixed the mani-pedi” idea for next year, but I see “Chair Massages” in our future.

See you next year if not sooner.

This note has gone out to the pilots, volunteers and AMOS Board.

David Long