RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 03:50 PM
Old Nate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ted,
I set TX Companion to Mode 2 and EATR and created the model again from scratch. That put the throttle and steering on the stick I wanted and on the first two channels. This should work for me for the long term since I intend to only work with vehicles and robotics. Now both throttle and steering are on the correct (first 2) channels on the TX. I did run into some interesting complications on the way though.
When I copied the model to the TX it wiped out all the TX settings (didn't do that on the first copy) including the calibration of the sticks. When I finally got that all worked through everything worked fine. I also discovered that the TX cannot read a micro SD over 32 GB.
What is the best way to move models back and forth between Companion and the TX without corrupting the TX settings?. I thought about initializing a model on the TX first so it would have all the correct TX settings. I also considered moving all models back and forth via the SD.
Boy, this is quite a learning curve. I'm 3D printing all my models and learning RC at the same time!
Thanks again for all your help-- Nate

Last edited by Old Nate; 10-05-2021 at 03:52 PM.