RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pinion gear help
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 05:10 AM
jraynes15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Feelin' FPV
That's a great project car! 66 tooth spur gear? It's going to be hard to gear that down enough. Since you have to find brushless motor mounts any way have you considered using an off the shelf mount like Arrma or Kyosho that includes the centre diff mount integrated? Then you can use a 50 tooth spur to manage the gearing. Plus spares are easy to source. I'd be changing that whole centre diff and mount out.
Thank you! I have another fully functional Matrix TR Arena Nitro so it'll be cool to have both! Great point about the 66t spur, it never occurred to me that it might be too large. It's funny you mention those mounts because I ended up going up an Arrma center diff mount yesterday since it is the same bearing size as the diff on my Matrix. But from the sound of it I should go with the 50t spur instead. I just got 11t to 15t pinions too... no way to keep the 66? Or should I have gotten higher T pinions? I am on a bit of a budget, even though $30 for the Arrma dif is really nothing. Just trying not to piss off my wife too bad lol

Last edited by jraynes15; 10-09-2021 at 05:28 AM.