RCU Forums - View Single Post - New arfs I have recently tried.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 03:37 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by allanflowers
Another flight on the Nieuport 17 this morning. Takeoff was great, very little tendency to go left and plenty of lift for takeoff. The plane is easy to control other than it does take a lot of real estate for turns. Also I am having to put in a little elevator to get it to come around inspite of 20% mixing -ail>rudder. I think I will add more mixing to help this.
Landing was complicated by some gusts out of the north but I got it down okay, albeit with an extra bounce or two. Still, any landing that I can taxi back from is good.
On the subject of ARF's, I have been looking at easy-to-see foamies but not much is available these days, with all the big ships waiting off the California ports to unload. One model I had seen and liked was the Dynam 1270mm Waco in bright yellow. I don't expect that much from Dynam but have had a couple of their products that were okay, although not fancy. Generally the instructions are very minimal but, if one is patient and reasonably experienced, that is okay.
No one had this model and it didn't look good for me but finally I found one at General Hobbies (never had heard of them before) and took a chance. The price was decent and they indicated they had it in stock.
Four or five days later and it has arrived, in perfect condition. I am stoked and will report soon on it after I get it together.