RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie needing help with questionable motor
Old 10-18-2021, 06:47 AM
schumacherfurnitureshop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needing help with questionable motor

Hi,

Over 15 years ago, I was in the hobby of RC Airplanes and then got married and things changed. This weekend the local club had an auction. I attended and got a couple of DX7 Spektrum raidos, a partial built kit and an airplane with an eletric motor. With this airplane, I had to get a receiver, charger for the transmitter battery and a new battery for the airplane. Once I got things figured out of how to plug things in correctly without frying things, I tried to run the motor. It would flip the prop back and forth and about 1/3 up on throttle, it would kick the motor in with very little power, like it was at fast idle, it would quit at 1/2 throttle. I don't know what the issue is, either the ECS isn't working or the motor isn't.

So the first question - is there a way to test th motor/ECS without having another one to swap?

Second - the model number on the motor is B3630/08-4000 - with a gold body and the label is pink. I really wish I could attach pictures, as that would make it clearer. The ESC only has the markings of 40amps on it, that is it. What motor/ECS would I need to purchase?

Third, the wires from the ECS to the motor, three wires, red/black/yellow - I matched them up - would that make a difference if swapped around?

I would attach pictures, but due to the fact that my actual account on this site I don't recall what the password is. I tried to do the reset password, but just gives me this error when clicking on the link.
The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new password be sent to you by using this form. (Link removed due to limit of site)
Now if someone knows how to take care of the password, please let me know, I'd love to get back to my other account and use it instead of this new one.

Thanks, Michael

PS: Hoping to get this figured out and maybe be able to get someone to trim this airplane out for me and maybe have a bit of training on it, but I think I'll be able to fly around with ease, given I was able to pickup the real flight at the Hobby Town, take off, fly around and land with not issues. Just like riding a bicycle...

Last edited by schumacherfurnitureshop; 10-18-2021 at 06:58 AM.