RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Electronic fuel mix
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 11:01 AM
1967brutus

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but...

Just by coincidence stumbled on this thread, and I'd like to share that I am using part of the Stihl M-tronic technology for about 3 years now, it works like a dream, and makes use of the original standard glow carburettor and muffler pressure.
"System weight" under 15 grammes plug and play, currently testing an addition that takes ambient temperature and pressure (thus also altitude) into account.

I switched from methanol to gasoline about 6 or 7 years back, but exclusively use modified glow engines, most of them have not seen a drop of methanol from NIB, and most smaller than .90 cu.in.
Engines done so far with this electronic fuel control:
OS FXi 46
OS SF 40 (ringed)
Irvine 70 (at least, I believe it is that, no markings on the casing)
ASP FS 30
ASP FS 52 (several of them)
ASP FS 91
ASP 2-stroke 91
ASP FT160
ASP AR400
and those are only my private engines
For friends and clubmates I totally lost track, but I do remember the Saito 130 T (odd firing) and Saito 90T (even firing) that also run this Stihl thinghy.

So far brilliant results, super easy to start, very userfriendly and very clean running engines.

Due low postcount I am not yet allowed to post URL's, but anyone feel free to check my YT account "rigididiot". Basically everything more recent than 2016 that flies on there, runs on gasoline.
A good one to look for is "Electronic fuel control on 2-stroke with tuned pipe". The engine there is a 100% stock unmodified ASP 91 (the "cheap chinese crap") running on regular pumpgas. Just to show what is possible these days...

Flying small gasoline is not only very doable, it also runs basically as good as any glow engine out there.

Last edited by 1967brutus; 10-20-2021 at 01:20 PM.