RCU Forums - View Single Post - I play with the railroad simulator, Trainz.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Plumcrazy Preston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Are you talking about building working scale models 1/10 size ?
Yes, I am. I am interested in knowing how advanced technology is to make this notion feasible. This wild idea of mine is to make accurate scale 1/10 WORKING vehicle models as lifelike as humanly possible and economically feasible, at least for a billionaire. A single 1/10 model car as sophisticated and true to scale as I propose could be $5K or more American dollars if it were to be readily available for purchase on the retail market. What I have in mind is indeed a pipe dream of sorts. There are a lot of R/C vehicles out there for under $1K, but most of them don't make the mouth of a scale model aficionando water for sheer cosmetic beauty. Most of the highly-detailed working scale models tend to be electric model trains. Most detailed scale R/C models are one-off/hand-built by those with money and raw talent in the industrial arts. Making them autonomous/self-driving is even one giant step further in my pipe dream. We are now talking about robotic scale models. Here is a 1/24 model static '53 Chevrolet automobile. Imagine making this in 1/10 scale, with people figures seated inside, that is r/c drivable and fully autonomous in operation. Imagine the windshield wipers and all the lights working. Imagine authentic motor sounds, horn sounds, starter sounds and brake sounds to boot. If there were people figures inside the theoretical model car of mine, it's possible some of the electronic parts could be housed inside the bodies of even them. Stuff , working gear, might even be stowed away inside the seat cushions. We must use available space as effciently as possible. We want to hide away the working parts as much as feasible. The vehicle body only offers so much room to hide stuff. The devil is in the details.

Click image for larger version

Name:	85-4431-lg.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	2271018

Last edited by Plumcrazy Preston; 10-22-2021 at 02:31 PM.