RCU Forums - View Single Post - Older 1/16 Panther Tank tries to shoot, but can't
Old 10-23-2021, 01:26 PM
aj_chicago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Once you get 10 posts you can post a photo and then I'll be sure, but that old with a panther turret it has to be a pantiger, probably with an RX-14 board. If you're sure it's a panther turret the elevation is a bit different from most airsoft tanks. Most have the elevation/depression (e/d) behind the airsoft unit and it uses a tab on the back of the AS unit to raise and lower the main gun. In the panther it has a kind of ball and rail system with a rail that has to be added to the side of the unit. Imex units may have the rail, not sure. Anyway, if the new unit has no rail you'll have to bring it over from the original, as well as a small piece of the feed shoot for the BBs. I did a how-to series on this, five videos, three short and two over 10 minutes, but I haven't published them. If you want to see them I can post links to them here, but since they're still unpublished you'll only be able to access them through the links in this thread. Let me know if you want me to post the links.
Ya, I was gonna post a picture and ran into the 10 post thing that wouldn't let me.

It has "the tab" that sticks out from the AS unit and contacts the eccentric lifting gear for E/D... no rails. I guess I'm calling it a Panther because that's what I see them call it in videos and pictures online. Is it not? I think all it says on it is Heng Long on the bottom and the number (decal or paint) 3819 on the turret.