RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Electronic fuel mix
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 10:34 PM
1967brutus

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlooper
Yes its a 2 stroke, and the plug seems to fit in the cap just fine, and that is how I got it. I also tested it before posting, and it sparks nicely. Ill also have to figure out a magnet on the prop hub
Whats the horrible midrange, lean or rich?
thanks
I would be highly surprised if that cap would fit the sparkplug, when the plug is fitted to the engine, but alas, if you say so I cannot dispute. Mine look a lot different though.

A glow carb used straight on gasoline usually shows a horribly rich midrange. It is possible to get "somewhat flyable" settings, but it won't be much fun and your plane will usually get extremely dirty.
One solution I forgot to mention: SuperTigre carbs are the only ones that usually allow for fairly decent settings on gasoline without any modifications, if you know how to set midrange. Some helicopter carbs also work relatively well, but that is a bit of a hit or miss affair: Some do, others don't, and I do not have a list of ones that do or don't.

PS: forgot to mention: magnet on the hub is simply a matter of drilling a radial hole in it and glueing a suitable magnet in, Preferrably using a slow-curing epoxy that reacts positive to temperature for curing. Cure at max 70 degC (160F).
Alternative a machined ring holding the magnet, that can be attached to the propdriver by one or two grubscrews.

Last edited by 1967brutus; 10-25-2021 at 02:26 AM.