RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Covering? Monokote? Ultracote? Koverall?
Old 11-16-2021, 12:17 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mgnostic
People have posted photos of some down right beautiful airplanes using a variety of covering methods. I myself have been using a lot of Koverall lately BUT I think we are missing an important point. OP sounds like a fellow who is doing his first covering job. Unless he has a local mentor to help out (would he be posting here if he did?), a lot of the planes shown would be pretty intimidating. If this is the first covering job that he is attempting I would suggest keep it simple. Stick with iron on plastic covering and peel and stick graphics. It is easiest to apply and easiest to repair with a higher probability of actually making it to the flight line.
If using an iron on covering then Monokote makes it simple, you can cover the entire airframe in one color then apply all the trim colors using Windex and a squeegee, apply, squeegee the excess Windex out and allow to dry out for several days.

Now come back and pass the iron over the entire surface using a sock on the iron and your done, no bubbles, no issues. I cover with Monokote and trim with Monokote as I just explained.

Bob