RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Next Gen ELMod Boards Coming Out
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 04:17 AM
oldwolf75

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Whenever a new version of something comes out I first remember that no one likes change, we are all Luddites at heart.
Second, I try to consider the maker’s viewpoint. This, of course, is always a bit of guess work. Previously they had two fusion boards: eco for one servo and pro for three servos. They had no option for having no servos. One thing I have noticed over the years is that people hate to buy features they have no intention of using. I wonder how often they heard from people saying they liked the boards except they had no intention to use servos and would buy if only they sold a board without servo ports. I know, people can just ignore the servo support, but many don't think that way. Buying a feature they wont use just grates on them. The same goes for other features that came lumped in the eco/pro boards.
Now servo support and a number of additional light features are added with an additional small board for those that want them.
Another add on small battle board supports all the major makers where I believe they sold three different add on boards before.
One very nice thing is the significant decrease in the size of the new boards. Something I suspect I will appreciate as the next model I am working on is a t-34.
From their company’s viewpoint the changes seem reasonable. How well they have judged their market, time will tell. I plan to try one of the new boards in the new year.
The following users liked this post:
bowlman (11-19-2021)