RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Next Gen ELMod Boards Coming Out
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 12:27 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jha13
It's a question of your mind and reaction.... those who brake later drive faster for longer.

Mac=Apple=iPhone is a good keyword:
Elmod only makes a app for Android.
I asked Mr. Kusch if there will also be an app for the iPhone?
The answer: there are too few iPhone users, it's not worth it.
I received a similar answer to the question about SBus, iBus and Graupner SUMD.

It is difficult to leave well-trodden paths to go new ways.
With the Elmod FX it did not succeed.
There is nothing really new, but you now pay more for fewer features.

But to each his own and to each as he wishes...
Yea that is a strange one. Overall Android is around 70-75% of the world market so he isn't too far off there, however the bigger reason for no app is most likely Apple's BT policies, the same reason lots of apps are wrote for Android and not Apple (same reason drones have a bunch of Android stuff too) is that the BT is a lot less restricted on it I hear. I'm not 100% on that but from what I've got over the years with drone BT stuff is that Android is just more BT friendly.
For the Sbus stuff that is because it actually required a physical hardware upgrade vs running on equipment for PWM/PPM I would think. The Sbus signal requires an inverter I'm pretty sure and there are non inverted and inverted Sbus signals as well depending on the brand. I know the early FRSky was non inverted (like Futaba) but eventually had receivers with both inverted and non inverted signals. In the drone world we ended up getting boards with CPUs that could handle inversion natively so this became an issue of the past. I would guess that is why there was an adapter board made as that is much easier to break out an Sbus signal to PPM/PWM than adding a component to a finished build. Once again I could and probably am wrong here but just something that also the drone guys had to overcome a very long time ago. For drones we fight over grams of weight, using 8+ cables was not only a pain but extra weight and space too as the receiver needed to have all those outputs. Sbus/CRSF/iBus/Serial have been a legit replacement for PWM for a long time but honestly that isn't where the hobby is atm.
Us forum members are the most advanced tankers. We are the ones that like our hobby so much we come to help others and see how others do their work. We are on top of our game as much as we can. As such, we are NOT the norm, especially for our hobby. Most tankers just want to shoot a bit of airsoft and drive around. Getting a tank in the box and hooking it up to the computer and programming both a board and transmitter puts off MOST of the target audience for tanks. That is the most likely reason IMO for not having those features is time spent vs reward. It sucks, but it is a business after all. I feel his pain, I wanted to add a bunch of features ourselves but we would of ended up with a board too complicated for most users to enjoy out of the box which is the goal for a manufacturer.
The following users liked this post:
Ex_Pat_Tanker (12-03-2021)