RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build thread: readying the Hanger 9 mustang 1/5th scale.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:49 PM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

A side note: If you happen to be perusing flying giants, look up a thread started by ghoffman who did a long, pretty scientific, comparison of Tygon vs Viton, exposure to gasoline, sunlight, etc. over time.
If you still use Tygon in any part of your fuel system, it will be an eye opener. I did to, including my last mustang I built. As a result of his work in that area, the Hanger 9 will be plumbed from the clunk to the engine and all throughout with Viton. I ordered mine from McMaster Carr. Use the link he provides in the thread. It's a bit more expensive than Tygon, but will not harden, won't expand or swell, retains its internal diameter, even with prolonged exposure and complete submersion in fuel.
No drips, no leaks, and from the clunk to the tank, you won't end up with a kinked up fuel line in the front corner of the tank after an inverted dive, roll, or other maneuver. It will stay to the aft end of the tank like it should without having to use brass tubing to keep it there.
Edit: ghoffman has been running the same Viton for 2 years now...no leaks..no failures.

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 12-05-2021 at 05:41 AM.