RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building my 1st Hydroplane (ZippKit)
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 11:01 AM
AMXer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Building my 1st Hydroplane (ZippKit)

I retired from the US Navy after 22 years of service and found my time off WAY TO BORING.

So I went back to Collage at 54 and received my degree in the field of Laboratory Sciences. One thing that has never changed is My passion for building and making things go fast. I raced anywhere from 1/4 mile drags to 1/2 mile super Oval asphalt. But what I have always wanted to do was build a true to scale vintage hydroplane so now I have the time and the means to do so. I grew up watching the boat races from the shores of the Columbia river Tri cities Richland Wa. As well as The Seafair racing on the Puget Sound with my Dad who raced in a V-8 limited Class (it was called the Spook). I say that to say I take this Hydroplane build to be my very pinnacle of my projects and want it to be a very FAST WORK OF ART.
But I also know it needs to start with a 1st build before I try one from scratch so I ordered the SLR Missile from Zippkits and 90% of the needed hardware. I will post the build as I learn what I am doing. wish me luck. as soon as I have a few more posts I will add the pics.
C.