RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can you fly in 3 acres? Should I give up (or move house, lol)
Old 12-19-2021, 07:08 PM
Lee Taylor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Treozen
flying inverted.....not a trick for me
Not today but one never knows what tomorrow will bring. Here is the thing. When you start doing loops, and you have completed half a loop, the plane is inverted. So you are already there. We use to fly inverted in control line to keep us from getting dizzy.

The sim is no substitute for the field. BUT, it is a great tool in my opinion. You said you are going in the electric direction. Be careful with the batteries. I have heard some horror stories. I am happy sticking to what I know, which is glow engines. I may give gasoline engines a whirl one day. Time will tell. I am a come-back modeler. I was away for 40 years. It has taken me some time to psychologically adjust to what the industry is today.

What you are going to have to do is to get a plane ready to fly. That takes some time. You will notice yourself improving on the sim as time passes. At some point you will be ready to take it to the field. Or maybe not. That is not a decision that needs to be made now