RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build a plane
Thread: Build a plane
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:59 PM
KJGCT1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build a plane

The Rc hobby is being ruined by ARF's! To all those who only fly ARF's try building a kit! The benefits of building a kit begin while the plane is taking shape on the table. I suspect everyone who built their first kit looked at it taking shape on the table and said to themselves "wow, I am building an airplane!" Though the end result of building a kit, turning a box of wood into a flying model is a long investment the satisfaction of flying a plane you built is well worth it. Sure you can put an Arf together on Saturday and fly it on Sunday, but when you finish that first flight it is an anti climactic ho hum. I have put a lot of ARF's in the air, and their only benefit is time. I have also crashed kits I built, and arfs. Crashing an Arf is a ho hum who cares experience, all you lose is money. Crashing a kit you spent the time to build is certainly not ho hum, if it were not for the group of club members sitting behind me I may have cried when I crashed my first kit, a Great Planes Super Sportster. But the memory of its first flight was better than the planes demise was bad. So go ahead, build a kit, if you need help I am sure theres a member of your club who can help, just as I am sure that following your first flight in a plane you built will leave you with a sense of satisfaction no ARF can ever supply!