RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC airplanes on Pawn Stars
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 09:01 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
He overpaid at $2,800.00. The market is soft.

Astro
Exactly, if the deal was real at $2800, and if as Hydro said he ended up getting let's say $3500 for them, he's gonna make $700? I'll bet the camera crew eats that for lunch!!!

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Fluff piece. I doubt there was actually any sale at all. Cory would have had to find a local buyer as shipping to Vegas would have eaten any profits. Vegas is a poor market due to there being two very well known flying sites there that are predominantly giant scale, home of the TOC, only 4 hours from LA where there is a saturated market as well. There was nothing out of the ordinary about those airplanes that would have made the worth more then average money,
And yes Speed, I too am skeptical of a couple of things, I hope the story line went that Cory has had some previous RC plane experience, I don't know his past hobbies but he did pretty well playing "pass the TX" with the seller to be a total RC newb. I recall one of those "storage wars" shows a good while ago getting busted in the RC forum community for planting a thousands of dollar RC jet that someone recognized and knew the owner of. Long ago I came to believe the only honest television is the one that is safely switched off and unplugged

And lastly, Pawn Stars lost a good bit of it's character when the old man died, I'm not as much of a fan of the new dynamic...