RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 06:40 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

well guys I went and did it. I really didn't want to do it but I had to! and you Saito freaks ( <see the hint there) know I bought more Saitos, used.

;well I found this guy 52 miles from my house selling all his planes, engines and accessories, he had been flying some 30 or 40 years and now his eyes are going bad. he has some 15 planes that have to go. but he doesn't want to ship. some of his planes he got from his uncle. and one of them is a kit he started, I don't remember what he said it was but he said the kit was a $500 kit. he has another plane that has a 10' span.

Engine #1;
so today at his house I ask the guy if he had a Saito 91, he said yes and it's a 91GK, he went and got the plane. he said he would sell the engine less plane, $100. so he removed the cowl and engine and handed the 91 to me. a bearing is bad but the engine was rather pretty clean. the cylinder is still shiny. I asked if he would take $80 and he said "you got me over a barrel and laughed", I said to him "ooops. it's no a 91, it's a 100". a 100GK it is. well, he gave me such a great deal on the other Saito I bought so I told him I will give him the $100 for it (all it needs is bearings because it has been setting so long, and the tank still had a bit of fuel in it. and I have a new ring and a new cam here) so I now have 2 Saito 100GKs. and my Midget Mustang is getting a 100GK not a silver 91.

Engine #2;
it's a clean clean clean Saito 120, with the threaded intake manifold with the webbing from the mounting tabs to the front bearing. AND ,,,, it has a sparkling clean CH Ignition. he told me the engine had only 6 flights on it. and yes the Plug wire and sensor looks that clean. once home I removed the Rocker Covers and it's very clean inside.
yeah, I had to buy it ($200), I had to .,,, because this engine is mount to a very clean 4-Star 120. with (as he said) 6 flights on it. it' looks it too.

it came with servos but I don't know what they are, so I have to check on them.

I will try to remember to get photos tomorrow.

I also bought a Robart prop balancer, it has the metal sides plates ($20).

sorry guys, he doesn't have any boxed Saitos or any Saitos that need to be rebuilt (and no OS 4st's). but he does have some smaller 2St's, maybe 10 or 12, maybe 1 or 2 more, from .010 to .040 of different brands. and a nice and clean OS 61fx.
he has a running Enya C-4, I believe it's a 46, I think he said he wants $80 shipped.

later guys. you Saito Freaks !

​​​​​​​Jim