RCU Forums - View Single Post - JW Büker Jungmeister build
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 10:41 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

So I built this kit slightly out of order. Instructions say wings, center sections, Rudder, then stab. The rudder looked a little more complicated (tapering geometry) so I built the H-stab first.

The point being, they have you build the rudder early on and at the end of the rudder build they instruct you to build the "rudder fairing" which is the section were the fuselage transitions through the tail surfaces to the very back of the fuselage. In the past, when tackling this process on other kits I have devised some kind of crafty method to make sure it comes out looking good. For this kit I have zero idea how to make this thing and especially how to make it look professional. I'll annotate the pictures for further discussion.

Here are the parts. The framed part is really cool. CNC designs do have distinct advantages.

The rib on top is just sitting there. I'm presuming once the frame is sheeted with the .8mm ply the idea is to glue that rib to the top and fair the whole mess with (what the plans call "left over") balsa. Yeah, right.

There is simply no way to build this part without the V-stab, H-stab and the fuselage present to fit it all together. So in the kit box it goes until I have the fuselage to a stage where this is do-able

And here it will stay until I have the fuselage to mate it - and the tail feathers - to.

Last edited by mitchilito; 01-19-2022 at 10:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve (05-12-2022)