RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oldie but goldie - JMP Hustler
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 12:05 PM
hofer

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi all,
And finally the avionics have been set up !
It is a very traditional set up using the Weatronic 12 channel rx with integrated 3-axis gyros and the Futaba MSA-10 Multi Servo Adjuster for the flaps
I did one special conversion - I took away the big power consumers ( say all the flight control servos ) from the rx - just the signal lines are connected to the rx from these servos
They will get the amps from a seperate 5cell eneloop 2500 mah NiMh pack ( 6 volts min )
The rx plus Tom`s PCU and the nosewheel steering servo are powered by a 4cell 2000 mah eneloop pack ( only 5 volts because of the JR 8511 )
I know, I do not gain any redundancy by this set up but the eneloops have proven to be very reliable and I have eased my mind by avoiding to run all the servo power through the rx
Powerconsumption of so many flight control servos acting with gyros has to be taken into account here (my experience just shows that they really need a lot when gyros come into play ! )
see you
Hans

PS: - mailed Gaspar from Xicoy recently - ohh yes, a 230N motor from his side is in the works !!!
- And the stickers to make Hustler complete except turbine are on order - not long before the final pics ( and before Hustler goes into hybernation again ! )

Last edited by hofer; 01-26-2022 at 01:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
grbaker (01-26-2022)