RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 07:16 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

a balancing update.
don't ask me how or why, because I don't care and LOL I don't want to know. I have seen some odd things go on in this hobby. but in this case it must be a Chinese thing.

so, if you guys remember the first balancer I bought had a damaged cone, and after Horizon sent me a 2nd balancer I just threw out that damaged cone. so I had that 1 good cone left. well I swapped it for one on this 2nd balancer that I've been using.

I mounted the APC prop on the balancer and it was balanced prefect at all angles..
I mounted the 2nd APC prop on the balancer and it was balanced prefect at all angles.

I even turned each cone against each prop and everything is Slick. I'm going crazy.

and with knowing the hole was not straight on the Xoar I mounted it on the balancer and of course it was not balanced.

so now I said I don't care, I'm going to do it, if it works and still fits OK, and if it doesn't work so be it I don't care.. sO.. I did it. I re-reamend the Xoar. remember I said the Xoar was supper tight on the crank's shank, well the reamer was tight in the prop hole and it took out some wood and I also removed that step that I said was in the front of the hole. when done I found it still fit tight enough on the crank's shank to use.

well I mounted the newly reamend Xoar on the balancer, and, Baa-Zing-Gaa. it shows the hub on the Xoar is perfectly balance but the blade that I had put CA on was heavy. so I sanded the CA off that blade and put it back on the balancer, it was just about balanced but that one blade was still a tiny too heavy. so I put 1 drop of CA on the lighter blade, let it dry. put it on the balancer, it was a tiny bit heavy so I sanded off some glue and balanced again and it was balanced 100% perfect. the hub did not need any weight added to it. it was perfectly balanced at all angles.

I figured that 1 cone has an air bubble in it or the hole in it was not machined straight. but I'm not asking the Spirits of Flying any questions. I'm taking what I got and being thankful and happy.

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 02-01-2022 at 07:20 PM.