RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF-Models Mig 17 build thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 03:43 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts
Default CARF-Models Mig 17 build thread

My Mig kit arrived here end of January, the shipping delays meaning it arrived during a period when I have been busy with other things. I used the time to get the last parts in place ready for the build to start properly early next month now.
All the first kits were done ARF-Plus where the factory install the landing gear, doors etc. Tail pipe and Fuel tanks. This will speed up the final assembly, especially the gear work done.
I ordered my kit with all the available accessories, cockpit with canopy slide system, light set and after it was shipped I decided I did want the wing tanks, so I have a set of those to make and paint to match.
I decided to go all in and order a Pilot from Tailored Pilots in the U.K…stunning job from Wilson and his team.
My equipment will be JetCat P-220Rxi fed from a MAP 6oz bubble trap, MacGregor and Savox servos (the stabs are designed for Savox 1261 servos. The main controls and Airbrakes will use MacGregor Brushless 8555 and doors 2810 MIDI servos. I plan to use a Powerbox Mercury (unless I swap to an SR2!) with Powerbox Li-On Rx batteries. All wire and connections will be Powerbox.
The landing gear uses Electron mechanism with CARF made legs and wheels.

The scheme I found was a display squadron trim added to a full scale metal finish aeroplane, there is little detail on the full size one available, but since I’m not entering scale competitions I was happy to have the affect. After the first pictures came of it clean I asked for the factory to do a light weather job on it as although the FS would have been pretty clean…Mig’s look better dirty!
I will add some more detail of my own just to add to the already incredible look.

I hope to have some free time this weekend to finish unpacking the kit and I will post more then.

Few shots to get you going.
My aeroplane dirtied before it left the factory and a couple of a customers model due next month here based on Jason Somes Ex RB Mig

The following users liked this post:
yeahbaby (02-18-2022)