RCU Forums - View Single Post - Back to fly after 10 year hiatus
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 06:00 PM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Life Back
Greetings. Hoping some members have time to help me with a few questions. After a 10 year hiatus from RC helicopters (or any form of RC actually) I have pulled out the only heli that I have left (sold the Trex 450, Century Hawk .30 and the RJX Extreme 50) and that is my Blade CP Pro 2. She's all there and was flying beautifully the last time it flew. I'm pumped to it get back in the air but I know that after this much time off I can expect to have a few crashes and will be in need of replacement parts. Does anyone know if parts for the CP pro are still readily available?

If parts aren't readily available I see that there are several new heli's available from e flight in this same size and even slightly bigger. My dilemma is that back in the day I chose to buy a 7 channel, 2.4 GHz Futaba T7C and most if not all of the electric heli's that I see are running Spektrum. Forgive my stupid question but am I still able to swap out the receiver in these new heli's to a 2.4 GHz Futaba?

If my gear is just too old and parts unavailable I guess I'll have to save up and buy some modern equipment. I'm trying to spend as little money as possible to get started but I would start with a new radio and I did see a very affordable Radiomaster T16S. Would these radios be compatible with the spectrum receivers and would this radio be a good choice for planes, heli's and also drones as the whole FPV thing looks like something that I really need to try!

Thanks for your time.
The only part I know you can likely find would be replacement blades in a size that would work for that heli. It had been discontinued by Horizon for many years. I did just go to ebay and searched for Blade CP Pro parts and found a few main gears, swashplates and other odd parts there so depending on what you may need you may be able to keep her flying for awhile. What do you have to lose to try?

The Futaba radio would not be compatible with spektru receivers but I do believe that the radiomaster is multi protocol and would work. Also a Spektrum DX6 or the newer NX6 would be a fine radio transmitter but they will only work with spektrum receivers.

You may want to check out some of the newer blade (eflite) helicopter offerings as well. The 230s is a wonderful machine with all sorts of modern conveniences like safe stabalization and panic recovery. The hobby has come a long way since the CP PRO!

In any case, welcome back and enjoy!