RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Sport Jet
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 12:27 PM
whwong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beginner Sport Jet

Hello Everyone,

I am currently flying props and 70-80mm EDF's. Recently seen some turbine sport jets flying in person. They are awesome. Decided I need to get into the turbine world! So looking for advice and suggestions here for what I should get. Don't think my flying skill is quite up to par, so I may want a plane which is forgiving enough with good slow speed handling. I assume sport jet would be more appropriate than scale jet.

Going through some posts and videos, here are my preliminary parts list:

T-1 Micro PNP package
Xicoy X45 Turbine
Spektrum AR10100T Receiver
(Optional) Cortex Pro Gyro
Single or Double 2S LiPo Battery

Looks like the T-1 Micro is the smallest and lightest composite jet in the market for now. I choose it because I only have a small car to transport for now (also not much space in house!), so portability is a big concern for me. I understand that bigger jet is easier to fly. I also consider the HSD Super Viper Composite, it is a much bigger plane so it would be much harder for me to transport. But HSD has local operations here in Dallas area so it may be a big plus for me in customer support aspect.

Also I pick the Xicoy X45 over Kingtech K45 due to fact that I can get away with a single 2S 7.4v LiPo battery to power everything onboard, or at least I can run a single voltage system. Am I making sense here?

I am real world Citation pilot in North Dallas area. But as usual, flying RC is more difficult than the real thing. I found that it is quite a learning curve getting into turbine as a lot of new stuff need to be known. After going through some posts and videos, I still don't think I have a thorough understanding for the turbine system yet.

Would welcome any suggestions of which plane to get, and any other aspects. Once I got all the parts ready, probably need some great guys in local Dallas area to help assembling and ground testing, eventually buddy box flying down the road.

Wing