RCU Forums - View Single Post - Calling all HPI Collectors!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 07:49 PM
1fast4door

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot all about this thread till you commented today and I got the notification.

I guess to burn this post I will post my Savages, I only have 2 but they are probably the ones I am most sentimental about for various reasons, one reason is the Savage 21 is what brought me back to the hobby in 2003. I had some Tyco Bandits, and Tamiya's as a kid, a Blackfoot around 87'-88', a TA-01 Skyline in 92', and a used Losi Jr-T in the mid 90's. In 2003 a buddy always wanted a R/C and talked me back into the hobby, he bought a T-Maxx, and I bought the Savage 21.

The Savage 21 has most of the mods/fix's of the time. The four spider gear diffs, Kyosho diff cups, throttle/brake linkage mod, black springs, alloy brake hub and carbon disk (then the dual disk HPI kit), Orion Wasp .26, that thing was my baby so any updated HPI parts that came along it got them. Its a bit of a time capsule, even a set of Losi Zonbie Maxx tires.

My other Savage is a bit of a kit bash, I started with the Savage Flux Conversion (102534) then pieced it together from eBay and my local shop. It was after the Super 5SC-Flux so I used the radio box from that and the parts for the center diff. The conversion had most of the HD parts for the drivetrain, so I bought all the internal trans parts, anything that said HD or lightweight, gears, shafts, I just went through and completely pimped it for speed and durability. No alloy bling, not my thing, and not usually the best idea.

So I guess technically my Savage XS is also a Savage, I have had that little thing since they launched and it has been consistently one of my favorite bashers, other than having to replace the factory Deans connector because of a random power loss issue, it has been a tank. Now that HPI parts are starting to trickle back in I actually bought some hop-ups for the thing.

That should do for this round, I will try not to forget this time so I can keep working on my post count.
The following users liked this post:
Oneloveknk (03-10-2022)