RCU Forums - View Single Post - FokkeRC 1/5 Spitfire MKIX build log
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 04:42 AM
Wyoturbine

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot_Guy
Yepp I understand.

This is why my first attempt at scale building is my TF-P51 .60. I know those are a sport scale, but the plan is to make it more real scale and add a lot of my own parts to it. I would like to even attempt molding my own fiberglass parts and see how that goes. I guess a sort of prelude into giant scale modeling some day.

The Fokkerc kits are on my radar for sure....I like how they come with the major structure perfectly cut and scale build from real aircraft plans. I don't have the good machinery to cut out perfect parts for a large plane, so that is a major plus. I also like how the frame up is similar to the real aircraft, not a box type construction. I have always had this idea of using cut and shaped aluminum from soda cans to make the skin, lol. That would work on a frame like that I think.

I wiould like to get a 1/5th FW-190 Anton-8. His scale is amazing IMO....tons and tons for all the detail I want.
I say go for it, the top flite will be a good way to get your head wrapped around the process for sure. Fokkerc kits are great platforms if your looking to build a scale model. Like any short kit, they do require a lot of head scratching, scratch building, modification and time. A lot of time. But so far my build has been a good experience. There’s tons of information in the forums to help you along the way, between this site, rcscalebuilder, rcgroups, flying giants, you tube etc. If you come across a roadblock, 9 times out of 10 someone has dealt with the same issue and posted a fix or a method that will help get you around it.