RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our hobby really needs a new Tank Control Board
Old 04-01-2022, 12:43 PM
oldwolf75

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyaslead
This has been a holy grail for years -finding a suitable replacement/alternative to the Tamiya system

I have tried a few types, some had issues which made me throw them in the trash, some are nice but I really dislike having to whip out my computer to 'program' a device. Should be like a car, intuitive, just start and go.

That said I can really only recommend the Heng Long TK-6.01S as the unit does do Tamiya IR protocol and has a few really nice features. The -S is important, as the new 7 seems to have appended the flexibility on connections
1. built in receiver 2.4GHz
2. choice of Servo or motor connections for elevation and recoil
3. Cheaper than Tamiya electronics
4. Battlesystem compatible (6 hit points, but does not slow on successive hits like Tamiya)
5. A couple sounds to choose from
6. relatively small size in enclosed package, no naked circuit boards
I am not sure what you mean by “appended the flexibility on connections”. I have heard that their new boards only give two sound options. Apparently there are a few different pairs of sounds and while it should be possible for them to place sound set pairs such that one of the sounds is reasonable for the tank they come with, they seem to have been installing them randomly, resulting in some very bad matches. The newest Tamiya centurion seems to be using 6 hits for medium tanks now, so maybe the two systems are edging slightly together.