RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our hobby really needs a new Tank Control Board
Old 04-03-2022, 01:02 PM
tankme

Received 205 Likes on 167 Posts

I play World of Tanks, but less and less these days. I'm spending more time on my RC hobby as it's a more tangible item and we do go out on the field to battle. I would say once a person gets into tanks, any number of different things can inspire them to expand in the field. I've pretty much done it all from building my own scratch built tanks to working on and driving real tanks by volunteering on a maintenance/restoration crew at a museum. I've broken track on a real M60, removed the turret on a real Sherman tank, driven a real M26 Pacific tank recovery vehicle, ridden around in a Walker Bulldog, driven an M42 Duster, driven an M114, driven a Mutt Jeep, and ridden around in an M60 to name some of the things. My love of tanks came from going to Army/Airforce Open Houses when my father was a CW3. They would bring in the Army Golden Knights parachute teams, haul in different military vehicles to crawl around on/in, and have a parade. I have a picture of myself standing on top of an Abrams tank, one sitting in the cockpit of Chinook helo with the pilot's helmet on, and sitting behind an M60 machine gun mounted on a UH-1 Huey at about age 13.
The following users liked this post:
GTORA2 (04-03-2022)