RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our hobby really needs a new Tank Control Board
Old 04-07-2022, 12:31 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Didn't Rad do a rather comprehensive review of the Bieir boards? I remember him posting about them and I know he liked them.
Yes, I did not do one, but two, of the two Beier boards focused in the RC Tanks.
This is for ther SFR 1 D https://radindustries.wordpress.com/...beier-sfr-1-d/
and this is for the cheaper but still great SFR 1 HL https://radindustries.wordpress.com/...eier-sfr-1-hl/ This last one even with running videos and showing how I trigger everything.

Unlike Mr Ronnie says, I do talk about the driving capabilities, removing inertias, throttle curves, similated gears and so on. And also about the audio quality which is MILES ahead than Elmod and most of other competitor boards. I used the same speaker for comparison, and is night and day. Even while editing the sound files with the computer, is another story. I talked with Mr Elmod about this issue and he told me his board is not capable of playing better audio files because chip limit, so there is indeed a massive difference, unless you are deaf, of course.

So yes, I do talk about the sounds (more, several at the same time, and better quality) lights (millions more, fully configureable) and better driving capabilities. Also servo outputs. Add is cheaper than Elmod in top of it. There is not a single point where the Elmod is superior to Beiers except tamiya battle code, but still does not matter, because it is useless for the IR battles due to the inertia, which unlike as Mr Ronnie says, there is no way to fully remove the inertia in the Elmod, even when you set it to 0, it still drives some centimeters more, and still it takes some time to accelerate. We have discused it already, but unless Ronnie has a prototype version that nobody ever in the world has, (and definitelly is not the one is using in his braking Tiger video) nobody has been able to disable those things in the Elmod fusion pro, ever. The board has ports for plugging the apples and is still heng long and taigen compatible, so if you want it tamiya compatible, just write the Beiers and they will implement it.

I don't want to start and argument, and I don't have anything against Mr Elmod and I am not sided with any brand. All those who read my website or me along the years can see I honestly review everything I get from every retailer. Even more, I wish Mr Elmod (or anybody else) releases better boards than Beier, (if that is possible), so I can jump into better things.

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 04-07-2022 at 12:39 AM.