RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA administrative lapse causes US Capitol evacuation
Old 04-25-2022, 12:52 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
am i the only one that saw and read init's reply from the FAA about control line models?
Originally Posted by astrohog
I did. It completely aligned with Franklin’s post that was ridiculed by speedy….

Thank You Mongo, I appreciate you mentioning my post. At some point it's gotta stop being about what has happened in the past between fellow members here, and instead become about how our organization is putting out dangerously misleading information to our fellow members. To be sure, I stop short of accusing the AMA of intentionally disseminating incorrect info regarding the TFRs, for all I know the AMA leadership does actually believe Control Line is kosher during a TFR, when in reality all it took was a simple Email to the FAA for me to verify that it is, in fact, verbotten. I didn't ask about free flight, mostly because I live no where near the wide open spaces needed for that endeavor, but if a plane that physically can't ever be more than 100' AGL is subject to TFRs, I can't imagine something that will fly higher than that, and uncontrolled to boot, would be OK with the FAA either.

PS, Kudos to the FAA, I sent them my Email yesterday, and got my return answer today, I wish all correspondence could be so timely ! .......

Last edited by init4fun; 04-25-2022 at 12:55 PM.