RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF-Models Mig 17 build thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 02:27 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I got some flights on my Mig17 last week. Very impressive model! Beautiful presence in the air!

I used the suggested CG of:CG is 29 cm forward of the TE at the root wing fillet. That’s about 3” behind the split of the fuselage.I think its very close to that or maybe a slight bit nose heavy there.
My throws are about 1" at the tip for aileron, 2.25" rudder, 1" on the elevator from the root.

I had one landing gear sticking on 2S so i tried 3S life and one would still stick. I ended up having to increase the amp cut off to 4.5 amps to get it to fully retract. I would suggest trying a 3S life and if you have any issues look into having the controller set to 4.5amps.
I ended up at 61.6 lbs wet with 3 smart 4000 and 1 smart 3200 with K235 turbine. build toward the back a bit as it needs no weight. my batteries are on the equipment tray.
Great flying model. I think its the most realistic model i have seen in the air. Very solid flying jet.
I was getting 7 minute flights with about a 1/3rd left in main tank. We were really hauling azz though. The plane is especially cool while flying fast!! lol. Ali said he was getting 9 minute flights with a K210 with wing tanks mounted.
I used a 2S for afterburner and lights and its plenty bright.
Im using a Powerbox SR2 and Cortex.
This was a Plug and Play and the Macgregor and Savox servos are actually really good. they felt great. No worries about those if you are considering PNP.
The plane has a tiny bit of over steer and need to see if I can improve that next. Not figured out why yet. very manageable but would lie to improve.
The Mig likes to land when its done flying so I think landing with some partial braking might make landings even more predictable.
Overall very happy. I think its the best CARF model to date.
Scott

The following 3 users liked this post by jetpilot:
Airforce7 (04-27-2022), jackdiazccs (04-27-2022), u2fast (05-05-2022)