RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU vs RCTech.net?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 07:13 AM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Forums like this..I look on FB and rc has kinda feagmented, in a sort, lots of groups by state.

Its good to be talking to people who are kinda local, that you may or may not run inyo at an event..

The bad is it limits the knowledge pool.

Building my P51, I was looking for specific parts. LHS didn't stock them, and the main onlines are full of fws stuff. I had to find that stuff in Europe, or Australia.
Facebook has actually limited what we have access to.
It used to be, for an rc car, for example, if it was a car, or aftermarket parts or tires, they'd post to the forums...one post so EVERYBODY knew. Now, if you don't know who makes stuff, it gets darn hard to find.
As an example, I was looking for a prop spinner, perimeter mount. US suppliers stopped making perimeter mount spinners. (The ones I knew of who would respond to an email..) I had to source out of the UK. To find them, I had to join an Austealian rc scale aircfraft group (good guys, you need it, they know where to find it, or who can make it)
Honestly, I miss that, more than anything, comin to a forum and seeing sticky threads with known supplier lists.

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 05-09-2022 at 07:40 AM.