RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESC Throttle control set backwards
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 09:59 AM
Greenjumper42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Throttle control set backwards

Hey guys, so I goofed when I was setting up my ESC/receiver combo. I turned on the transmitter, plugged in the ESC and then flipped the stick on the transmitter up to set it to calibrate. Those in the know will have already spotted the problem, and I should explain I was doing this after 11 hours at work so wasn't exactly box fresh (lesson learned). So I heard the beeps, put the stick back down and immediately the motor jumped to life, sucking up my freshly wired connectors and creating an unearthly maelstrom of sparks and regret. After hastily unplugging the battery I clocked on to the fact that I have managed to set the throttle calibration backwards, so that up on the stick is 0% and down is full send. When I turn it on I can get it back into calibration mode by leaving the stick at bottom but then that doesn't really get me anywhere because it needs to remain at the bottom to be correct. I've also ran through the reset to default option but (unless I'm somehow doing it wrong) that seems to only reset the startup mode, engine brake etc. For the moment I've reversed the input on my tx but it feels like a janky way to get around it, and it creates some interesting issues such as if I set a switch to turn the throttle off and on, upon turning the switch off the motor will jump to 100%, which doesn't seem particularly safe or useful. I've read the ESC instructions through and through and they are less than helpful, and I don't seem to be able to find the information online which either means I'm completely off in my approach, it's so obvious it shouldn't need explaining, or I've completely borked it so tough luck.

So TLR my ask is this; is there a way to reset my ESC to first run calibration/ setup? I'm using a Jumper t-pro multi-protocol transmitter running Edge TX, Futaba R2006GS receiver and a hobbywing skywalker ESC.

​​​​​