RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful
Old 06-12-2022, 05:55 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
"Careless or Reckless" is another one. It usually involves buzzing too low. Someone turns the guy in and a cop is waiting
at the airport and he's arrested. Whether or not the DA files charges it's turned over to the FAA.
I will remind you that this discussion started with Speedy stating that he was flying toy airplanes one day and he was approached by the California Highway Patrol and was told to , "Pack up, or get arrested". I replied that, "The CHP has no authority to enforce FAA rules".

I stand by that statement (certainly as it pertains to toy airplanes). If you are so hell-bent on being "right" and want to expand this into full-scale FAA violations (an area that I am NOT as familiar as UAS regs) discussion, fine, just don't pretend that you have "won" or that I am "wrong" by providing oranges-to-apples comparisons. I will pick apart your statement a bit; Any FAA infractions considered criminal would be brought by the Feds and tried in Federal court, not by the local DA of record where Local LE arrested the suspect. If there have been infractions of local laws that happen to involve aircraft or UAS, then local LE can certainly arrest and the local DA can enforce. FAA rules and regs are Federal, and as such, can ONLY be enforced by the FEDS, not by local LE.

Astro