RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful
Old 06-13-2022, 05:02 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
init, I always appreciate your voice of reason here and I also appreciate the comments you made yesterday about engaging in discussion. I enjoy a good debate as well, as long as those involved remain civil and stick to generally accepted conventions of debate. As you witnessed last night, Echo could not. I do not understand why people will cling to the last straw and resort to the tactics we see instead of just admitting they were mistaken. It is not very often that I will enter a debate unless I am knowledgeable enough to do so, that is obviously not the case with many on here. I do not prescribe to know it all, but if I am going to open my mouth, you can be sure that I have vetted what I espouse. Not so with others, they clearly start with a bias and an agenda and double down on it, ignoring the facts until they resort to the snide remarks we see here. I don't get it.

These (especially this one) forums and threads are here to exchange information, not further an agenda or build a "rep". The more the myths and misinformation is dispelled, the better for all.

Astro
Thank You Astro, and yes the feeling is mutual, I can honestly say I've never seen you draw first blood WRT the name calling. I was not amused when Echo popped out with the "Karen" diss since up till that point I thought his participation was respectful. Sure, passionate discussions can become somewhat heated, but should never devolve into name calling, and God knows as of the past few years I've done my best to not allow myself to attack the person VS the position. I know I've said this before, I really do think I could have a great afternoon of flying, or for that matter just shooting the breeze with any and every one of us here, and I try my best to carry that respect in my conversations here. I ain't no saint, I've effed up plenty in the past, and any time I did allow myself to get angry enough to post insulting crap I've always felt bad about myself afterwards.

You guys all have a good evening, , , , over & out...... (or "10-7" in my C.B. radio days)

Last edited by init4fun; 06-13-2022 at 05:05 PM.