RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Flight Of The Intruder" Grumman 1:5.5 A6 Intruder Redesign & Build
Old 07-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Flite-Metal

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nick,

DCU did not use scale documentation when they "carved" several elements of the original movie fuselage/mold. This translates into their A6's individual clear panels are not mirrored nor were they created the correct shape and placement angle as that of the 1:1 Grumman A6 Intruder. This is masqueraded by not having obvious visual cues on this extremely large fuselage.
I have corrected multiple non-scale elements and features... Below is the correct shape and placement angle of a 1:1 Grumman A6F (Same as that of the A~F) according to CAD plots on three inch centers that Bob Kress (VP Fighter Div. of Grumman) sent me thirty years ago. I duplicated the 1:1 as left and right...the same for the windshield. If you compare drawings to your A6 fuselage the difference will be obvious, especially triangular shape / angle..

We have done a great deal of due diligence to assure accuracy and functionality of our MAC6's. Major DCU miscues have been brought to 2022 standards and customer expectations. We have had the luxury of time to do so...DCU had an extremely short turnaround allowance (typical for Hollywood). DCU did the best that could be done back-in-the-day (35 years ago).

By chance,,,did the miscellaneous parts you referenced in an earlier post include a set of aluminum retracts? The person who manufactured the retracts for "The Flight Of The Intruder" film no longer has the CNC code. It was said to be a hybrid...not compatible with today's CNC mills.

Last edited by Flite-Metal; 07-09-2022 at 03:28 PM.