RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I be fined for losing my plane?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 11:38 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Sorry Speed, we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Seen and heard about too many boats crashing due to CF covered antennas to take a chance on it. With your helo, you might have gotten by because the antenna is on the outside of the framing, don't know about the two planes. As far as any other materials used to build a model, I would agree, internal is fine but I won't risk it with CF.
Just had another thought. The first Spectrum 2.4 I saw used in a boat failed due to signal reflection off the water, the boat was a brand-new FG 1980 Budweiser with an internal antenna. Several other boats used internal antennas on 75MHz with no issues. Just last weekend, I was racing with many boats using internal antennas on 2.4 inside FG with no issues. Just wondering if the water's proximity to the antennas is degrading the signal enough to make a difference with a full CF build or a boat with parts reenforced with CF? Either way, I'm not going to risk using CF around an internal antenna

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-12-2022 at 11:41 AM.