RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 46AX II v FORCE 46 ENGINE
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 12:28 AM
Eastflight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2W0EPI
Force 46 engines are an independent Taiwanese company which has been making successful engines for nitro cars for some time and they have just entered the aero glow engine market and as far as I could tell, info on their engines longevity is rather new but reports that I've seen, give it ++positive rating and as a result of their price point, I bought 2 engines which contain a double bearing crank shaft, meaning they are serious about quality. However, they do not come with a supplied glow plug, that up to the end user to decide, they recommend a cold plug.

On the other hand, the OS 46 engine is Japanese, which means you are getting unquestionable quality but at 35% increase in price.I doubt very much that their parts, between the two engines are interchangeable.

Also, note, Taiwanese quality is often higher than Chinese mainland made equivalents.
Thank you for your feedback. Some of the bits externally will swap between both types but I guess the design inside is differently manufactured. I know that the liner is a ABC according to Just Engines.