RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 04:26 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 20 Jul

Don't you just hate tearing out what you just put in!! Came out better than I thought, but still have skin to repair or replace. Much more care now in tomorrows and Fridays install. Did not go flying as planned but used the morning to do other items. Got started about 1030 with fear in my heart. Took all afternoon but hinges are out and cleaned up. What a mess! Leason learned, be very careful on installing long reach hinges. Check all alignments and maybe build a dry fit temp assembly to test hinges being square and plum. Be very fussy on the install here. Going flying tomorrow morning at 0630 due to heat so won't get back to this until the afternoon.

Right side with hinges and support material removed. This is a real pain to do.

Left side removed but damaged the skin getting it all out. Will patch the skin after install is complete.

Flap with all hinge items removed including the servo linkage attach point, it was not installed perpendicular or plumb to the flap. Some skin replaced

Better shot of dry fit new linkage attach point with 1/2" mounting material and my made-up square to make it plumb. Large area of skin replaced getting stuff removed this time.

Hinge cleaned and ready for reinstall. It's got to be correct this time.

One other hinge ready to go. I think I will tack weld the G10 in place with Aeropoxy making sure of the alignment, let it sit overnight and then install the blocking with more Aeropoxy. Bad thing is that the hinge structure will not be able to be removed without destroying much more material by using Aeropoxy. Did I mention, it's got to be correct this time.