RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swiwin Turbines
Thread: Swiwin Turbines
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 04:40 PM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobFlint
Hi guys,, sorry to drag this thread back to the SBUS2/Telemetry/throttle topic,, but!!!!

I'm installing a SW140b into a model with a BoomaRC Smoothflite16,, this uses 2X Futaba 7008 RX's for redundancy...

The problem: if you run a throttle cable from the Smoothflite16 to the PPM port, you get throttle input working fine, if you turn off the Tx, the Smoothflite16 sends a failsafe signal to the ecu to say stop, that's fine. Now you plug in your cable from the telemetry port to SBUS2 port, the telemetry works fine, but the engine has (as we know) a built in SBUS decoder, and picks out the throttle channel data streaming out of the SBUS2 port on the Rx, which over-rides the signal coming in from the PPM port. you still get throttle input, but now only from that one Rx, it stops the use of the Smoothflite16 Rx redundancy.. you are not supposed to use failsafe on the Tx, as apparently that can cause "jitters" to the Smoothflite16... so now, if I turn the Tx off, the engine won't stop, it just "Holds" idle... (by our regulations, it must stop).

Is there a way to stop the ECU from looking at the SBUS data stream for throttle input, while still streaming out the telemetry data??? OR preferencing PPM input over SBUS2 input?

I tried the SBUS Thr channel setting, hoping you could disable it,, but all you can do is select another channel...

I can't be the only one using a Swiwin with a Smoothflite16/26 or Powerbox etc etc????

Has anyone worked this one out???

Cheers

Bob Flint
You have to choose between redundancy(by PPM port from SF16) or telemetry(by S.Bus2 port from one receiver).