RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-33 Shopping. Suggestions Please!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 04:06 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Skymaster 1/5 scale T-33

Don,

For me, that is a very easy suggestion to make - the Skymaster 1/5th Scale T-33. Originally built mine in 2011 and fitted it with an AMT Pegasus HPe (17kg thrust). The only change since then has been my change-over to a PowerBox Core, from my original Futaba 18MZ.

Here is what drew me to it and has proven to pay off:

1. I trusted Anton and his team implicitly to give me the most fantastic after sales service and support - they have never disappointed.
2. The scale undercarriage including the scale oleos and wheels are so far ahead of the rest, it is amazing.
3. The scale surface detail is fantastic.
4. The airbrakes work perfectly.
5. The scale, opening canopy looks and works great.
6. SM was prepared to custom paint the T-33 for me, charging only the standard painted price.
7. The initial setup was a touch tail heavy, but easy to fine-tune quickly.with some excellent help from the late-great Bob Violet (I will be happy to share all my settings)..
8. The build quality is awesome and no stress cracking or undercarrige issues at all, since all my flying has been off grass, except for the occasional event on a hard surface.

After 11 years, she is still one of my favourites and performing and looking mint. There is not a single time that I take it for a fly and don't receive compliments and the usual question - what kit is that?

Regards,

JanR
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	t33.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2272123   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	2272124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	2272125  

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 08-08-2022 at 04:12 AM.