RCU Forums - View Single Post - A.I.M. a better way to battle modern Tamiya tanks
Old 08-08-2022, 10:31 AM
oldwolf75

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
It was so much more fun battling modern tanks this way than mixing up with 9 hits and reload times.
the battles were fast and furious with hard battling one on one if both tanks were using AIM. I never got around to using my M60 but that would have been more of a challenge since it was a standard apple being a Cold War tank.
we learned having a wingman for an attack run was absolutely necessary in this event. When one on one engagements happened there was a lot of maneuvering at about 20-25 feet apart just trying to get the other guy to make a mistake so you could hit him.
Absolutely a ton of fun. We all look forward to doing this again so we will probably be doing Modern AIM battles once a quarter now.
You all have come up with a really nice system. Much more a simulation than the basic Tamiya rules, which have always struck me as an attempt to create a sport instead of a simulation.
The best part is that it requires very little modification of the tanks. Excellent work.