RCU Forums - View Single Post - RDQ & RemoteID: Appeals Court Decision
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 02:52 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's now been 10 days since I sent emails asking these RC radio manufactures if they planned on selling Remote ID modules.

Spektrum
Futaba
Jeti
Sanwa/Airtonics
FrSky
JR PROPO
Spektrum
Horizon Hobby/E-Flight
Radiolink
FlyskyRC
VolantixRC
HobbyKing, Turnigy and Orange
RadioMaster

All I got back were HobbyKing's, We don't sell them, RadioMaster's, We may sell them, and Radiolink's completely wrong interpretation of Remote ID
that does not apply to only plane they sell, their 206 gram R560, a tiny "free-style" profile plane (and FPV, with sea sickness guaranteed well before
the claimed 2 Km range). Radiolink I had not heard of. All I know about RadioMaster is it's recommended by FPV loon xjet. None of the rest replied.

speedracerntrixie I follow some of the your discussions on RCGroups. All of the same suspects. The ones who spar with you most are the FPV nuts
(AMA
apologists). Some also are as dumb as rocks. I remember being shocked when one guy in particular let on that he was a full-size pilot a while
back. I wouldn't have pegged him to have been able to pass the written.

I don't suppose I could ever be rehabilitated enough to go back to RCGroups, but it would be nice to go back just to rub some of their noses in it. In 2014
I posted a photo of a DJI Matrice drone with the caption, "Death Star" (for RC), with a photo of an ultralight next to it. Back then it was all the rage to cite
the fact that ultralights had less regulations than RC (because the pilot has some skin in the game moron and if he screws up he's dead). The few who
tried to raise the alarm that linking RC model airplanes with drones was suicide for the hobby were relentlessly shouted down by the FPV mob (AMA mob)
on RCGroups

Last edited by ECHO24; 08-11-2022 at 03:51 PM.