RCU Forums - View Single Post - RDQ & RemoteID: Appeals Court Decision
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 04:56 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Well the ones that were reported and invested at least right. As a man with two daughters and a grand daughter I wouldn’t have put sexual assault and flying a model airplane in a reckless manner on the same ball field but if you choose to so be it.

Why the expectation that AMA should have pulled a turbine waiver? Do you have a particular individual in mind? How is the AMA to know about a safety violation that happens 1,000 miles away unless notified. Even then their SOP would be to contact the club to get more information. Club says they revoked the guy’s membership or suspended membership etc. IMO simply saying that they have issued XX amount of turbine waivers and haven’t revoked any is not an indication that guys aren’t being dealt with.

So what. A guy gets his membership to a club suspended or revoked. He simply goes to another club and continues his actions that defy the AMA's safety policy and club rules until he gets suspended or banned again. How many times does this happen? Until he can't get a membership with any other club or his turbine waiver is revoked. Which one will happen first? I think we all know the answer to that one.
As far as how the military deals with those that violate the UCMJ, it depends on the violation. The penalties can and do include:
  • written reprimands that will affect the future of the member in their career. A reprimand can and does prevent advancing through the ranks and how long that person can stay in the service
  • forfeiture of pay. This can be 1/2 of the monthly pay for a given number of months up to a total forfeiture for a given number of months
  • reduction in rank. This affects pay and allowances, advancement, etc
  • confinement of various types from being restricted to the barracks to jail time. This can also affect benefits such as housing allowances, food allowances, etc
  • discharging from the military. These can be of general, bad conduct or dishonorable types. They all can affect how your life goes after leaving the military, such as being able to vote, own a weapon or firearm, where you can work, etc
I have personally seen all of these applied to members of the military so I know they don't kid around with violations. I personally had a subordinate restricted to the ship due to "conduct unbecoming" while on liberty in Mombasa Kenya back on 10/13/1985. The guy was an embarrassment to my squadron, ship and the Navy while on liberty. He was restricted to the ship at the last two ports, those being Subic Bay(11/25-30) and Pearl Harbor(12/12-13).
To show how busy the Navy legal staff was on my last deployment, this is from the report of the USS Kitty Hawk for the year of 1985:
Legal Office.
During 1985, the Legal and Discipline Offices were responsible for military justice administration, command advice, legal assistance, and claims and investigation functions. The Legal Office provided legal assistance appointments and notary services on a walk-in basis to over 1,550 command and air wing personnel. The following legal and discipline office tasks were accomplished:
a. Military Justice (number of cases) :
(1) Executive Officer 's screening 852
(2) Captain's Masts 561
(3) Summary Courts-martial 113
(4) Special Courts-martial 73
(5) Article 32 pretrial investigations 3
b. Administrative Law:
(1) Administrative discharge boards 43
(2) Claims processed and forwarded 34
c. Legal Assistance :
(1) General advice 750
(2) Notarizations and wills 80

That was for a crew and air wing of 5500 men. Since the AMA claims to have over 125K, show me how the AMA compares to that when it comes to dealing with misconduct and rules violations

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 08-26-2022 at 05:58 PM.