RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronic solutions to modifying glow engines of all sizes to gasoline
Old 09-22-2022, 03:12 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat 1
the pressure is bleeding off through the "metering orfice" (needle valve) and its air only - part of the tank pressure system. I think it decays quick enough not to cause issues...

The system as shown John is capable of pressurizing the tank quite quickly (and depressurizing also) . In my estimation it is capable of "moving" fast enough as to not cause issues - I have watched tank pressure on a muffler tap install and it moves much slower than this is capable of..watch at the 45-55 second mark of the video and you can see the response - this is into an empty 4oz tank

If I can dig up a small brushed speed control out of my parts bins I will test it "on the stand" just using a receiver output to drive speed and see how it works...
Well you could do the same with managing crankcase pressure and do away with the electric air pump and support system for that... and regarding the sluggish response from the muffler pressure, some of that can be dealt with by opening up the orifice in the pressure tap... You were going to also try the clone of the cline demand regulator... that would be interesting to see how that works out with the electronic mixture control... I run one on the boxer running CDi / glow fuel, and it works as intended, primarily used to stop the wing tanks from siphoning, but it also stops the fuel from entering the venturi under tank pressure.

Last edited by John_M_; 09-22-2022 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Humm interesting ! going to make copies