RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S2 - Bring Back to Life - Kinda
Old 10-06-2022, 06:46 PM
K_N_Fodder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S2 - Bring Back to Life - Kinda

Folks -

I hate to be that guy, first post asking (begging) for help, but here we are.

I was away from RC airplanes for longer than I want to admit before getting a Carbon Cub S2 1.3m for my birthday last year. I flew the heck out of it and was having a ball, although I'm convinced that when when flying in "SAFE" Technology Modes 1 or 2, (that limit pitch and roll or provide self-leveling 50 feet), as you passed the 50 ft threshold heading down the aircraft would tuck a wing instead of lifting it. It happened to me numerous times despite a lot of work on trimming, etc, and it finally happened to me when I was too at too extreme of a bank angle and going too fast to recover from they system dumping the inboard wing even further. I was AMAZED when the airplane hit with a huge thump and then bounced straight up into the air instead of turning into kindling. Fortunately I killed the motor before I hit, and amazingly that is one thing that survived without looking like stepped on foam.

Fast forward to this year and me breaking my back in early August, which has led to all kinds of back-burnered projects getting going such as getting this airplane working again.

My problem is this:
I replaced the wing, fuselage, and empennage. The empennage had survived the crash but not the kitten we got a few months ago. Before replacing them I confirmed that the motor still worked, although now I honestly can't remember if I ran through controls because they were in rough shape. At any rate, plugging in the battery had the usual effect prior to disassembly and reassembly, I was able to throttle up and down, etc. All the onboard electronics seemed to work fine.

Unfortunately now that I've replaced this stuff and put (most) everything back together, I can't get any response from onboard electronics. When I plug in the battery I get a short beep and pause followed by three quick beeps. Purple lights in the flight controller go on, and then off. A light in the little antenna module stays on. The typical control wagging startup phase doesn't happen. And at that point, nothing happens. No movement, no sound, and no lights other than the one in the antenna.

I've checked and re-checked and re-checked that everything is plugged into the flight controller properly, both against the owners manual and photos I took prior to disassembly. I believe it is correct.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas are hugely appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Justin in WY