RCU Forums - View Single Post - Safety Metrics & AC91-57C
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 07:22 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Yes, you were right about the things that were already painfully obvious, congratulations.
Really, painfully obvious? Do I need to go back and pull some of your responses to those? If memory serves, I don't think you agreed that many of these would be happening.

Your push to not be required to join a CBO may very well have been a contributing factor in RID being required when not flying in a FRIA. By saving these people $85 they are now subjected to having to drop $200 ( Dronetag Rid module ) on the only module I am aware of presently to have FAA approval. Congratulations again.
DroneTag is a ONE TIME cost. The $85 (plus club fee) is an annual payment. Assuming AMA's tithe stays the same, in just three years the AMA fee exceeds the DroneTag one time cost. And the savings adds up quickly from there.

For the record, I’m not against safety recording and reporting. As stated, clubs have already been doing this amongst there own community. Granted the format is different. I however would prefer to let the FAA state what format and level of depth is required for each incident and make definitions as to what qualifies as an incident or near miss.
Thus my point. It's not a Safety Management SYSTEM since there's no integration of data collection, reporting, and mitigation based on trends not just at that one club in isolation, but across the entire organization. Which is why the FAA is probably asking for that. I'm confident the FAA has reviewed the AMA's "SMS" and found it lacking. Hence the statement in the AC.