RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alm Meca Turbines
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 02:06 PM
peter 098

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
It’s pretty obvious your missing the point completely, the motor your trying to sell is a pretty old design and used old Xicoy V10 ECU with Old GSU that even Xicoy doesn’t use on there motors, the trend is lighter smaller more power for the size, nothing your motor have..

I have no bone in this I don’t sell anything and I’m not sponsor by anyone, I do understand your position, you probably taught it would be easy, when you compare the K210 that motor has been out for quite a while, but is constantly refresh it has touch screen GSU, and now with brushless starter and pump, new ECU, DRM, all the Kingtech are now working on a BUS system……..

A yet your motor are more expensive then most, plus It need to be sent back before the 2 years mark…or the warranty is out, really….I guess you expect your customer to own only one motor….outer wise 50 hrs take time…shipping to France and 300 per 2 years it’s…..not the norm.

‘I think all major manufacturers of micro jet motor, used modern technology, the $5.00 of 3D printing for front cover and pump/ECU cover is Not a plus at that price point, it look cheap and not durable….not sure what they were thinking there, make no sense to me….

It’s futile to try to compare your motors with other manufacturers, the comparaison are all modern motors, specs are only one part of the equation….

Really there’s no need to answer…..I’m just making some obvious observations.
Some I understand what you are saying, with the size to power, again this engine competes with all brands out there. With the brushless starter/fuel pump I told them that’s something they need to work on and promptly they are doing. Engine actually isnt more expensive than most, it’s very reasonably priced with all other turbines on the market at or actually a lot less then the big brands. The ecu box are going to be aluminum and the front cover is made out of very strong 3D print material not the cheap stuff that fall apart in your hand.

And for the part about specs, yes they are one part of the equation but a very large part.