RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alm Meca Turbines
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 08:48 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

1) The turbines when you look at market is very reasonably priced, I don’t understand why you guys keep saying it’s ridiculously over priced? Have you guys looked at the other brands out there? I mean this is the most expensive side of the hobby, they are expensive turbines don’t get me wrong but all the turbines out there are expensive.
Because the technology used is out dated, brushed motors, old ECU, external ECU and analog vs digital just to name a few and to change this is to basically change the entire motor.
2) The service is a bit high but again we are talking and changes will be made. Currently it’s at 50 hours or 2year what ever comes first. It’s at about $300 for service which is reasonably priced like all other brands. But you do also have to remember that this turbine has life time warranty including everything inside the engine, bearings, shafts, wheels.
This will need to be shown vs mentioned, the bearings used in these motors typically are all the same so to claim double the life is suspect but possible
3) the 3D printed parts, the ecu box is currently as we speak being developed to be made out of aluminum. The front cover and starter motor housing is 3D printed, it is made out of very high quality material that is very durable, it’s not some cheap plastic like you get with the uat holders or what not. It’s very strong.
Plastics get brittle with heat and age
4) The size of turbine, everyone keeps taking about how large it is. When you look at the other brands these engines are very competitive with size and weight with all the other same n size turbines on the market.
Current NEW Generation motors of all brands are smaller, 180s are the size of older 160s, 200s are the size 180s and so on
5) Some may not talk about how for example how nice the turbine bracket is nicely done, cnc machined and not just some crappy flimsy pieces of aluminum that I can bend in my hands or every time your in a crash you have to replace because it bends and doesn’t clamp the turbine properly or when you are screwing it together.
There is a reason why clamps are flimsy, from turbines to car hoses, its to conform to the shape its going around and gives vs breaks. Not a big deal which just personal pref.
6) State what all isn’t specified on the specs sheet even though not many(if any) other brands specify what some have asked. And then complain that there is so little about this engine specifics actually told. But other don’t specify either and have less information then what Alm meca provides.[/QUOTE]
All specs can be found typically in the manual for each motor or at least what you are trying to compare
Keep in mind just a few people are on the forums and just a few of many are providing their feedback, but after being in the game for a few years now this will be what everyone provides in feedback. People spending this kind of money will always want the more current technology, people will always want more information than you have, people will always be concerned with warranty and ability for fast reliable service. A solid history of performance and CS will sell the brand better than any post on the forums. cheers!